– Multiple LED screens presenting content continuously in downtown Denver + auxiliary screen hosts throughout the community.
– New collaboration with Momentum Festival Toledo, first LED screen to present Supernova outside of Colorado State.
– Competitions featuring $3,500 in total prize money and an additional $8,500 in artist stipends for works selected into the festival (new for 2019).
– Additional digital motion art activations and new-media installations.
– Free for the public.
Supernova is the only major festival to focus solely on the latest advances in digital animation and motion-based art, presented free to the public on large-scale LED screens in the heart of Denver, Colorado. The festival returns for the fourth consecutive year to the Denver Theatre District in 2019, boasting an expansive lineup of outdoor screens to display the festival’s primary programs and annual competition showcase. Additional animations are presented on a series of 3 well-placed Satellite LED screens throughout the day, and an exciting split-surface LED hosting Supernova’s innovative Student Animation Competition. And new for 2019, Supernova Goes Viral with the support of four exceptional indoor screen hosts in the Denver community displaying Supernova content to further widen the public’s interaction with Digital Motion-Art.
Supernova also supports the first ever collaboration that brings the festival’s unique programming to a prominent LED screen outside of Colorado in association with The Arts Commission and Momentum Festival in Toledo, Ohio. The partnership will introduce Supernova’s singular international network of vanguard digital animators to a robust new audience, through programs that capture the best of past festival animations along with a simultaneous screening of this year’s Supernova’s competition selections, with participants across both cities to determine an exciting new cash-prize audience award. A “Great Lakes” focus program will also showcase developments occurring within the region’s growing digital art community. This exciting partnership with Momentum fully celebrates Digerati’s focus on positioning digital motion-art as the next level of public art, free for all to enjoy.
Supernova is now accepting submissions for our multi-tiered program in 2019.
View submission categories and further details online.
DEADLINES & FEES
– Early entry is by May 15, 2019
– First entry at $15. Additional second entry at $10
– Works entered by the early deadline may be sampled up to 30 seconds for advance ads or our various “Flash” programs presented on our public LED screens.
– Final deadline for all entries is by July 15, 2019.
– Entries after May 15th at $25 each.
– Please specify which component of Supernova you are submitting for (Premier Competition, Student Competition, Curated Program or Satellite Screen).
– Entrants located within the US Great Lakes Region please make note for possible inclusion in Momentum Festival special programming.