Sales Executive + Distribution Manager
The Magazine seeks a Sales Executive and Distribution Manager in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
As a part of the team at The Magazine, the leading contemporary art magazine of the region, you’ll be working at the heart of the New Mexico arts community, facilitating the important work of the publication and working one-on-one with the movers-and-shakers behind local and regional business, institutions, and organizations.
- Work closely with the publisher to significantly raise advertising and distribution revenues, short- and long-term.
- Build ongoing relationships with area institutions, businesses, and organizations to facilitate advertising, distribution pipelines, and partnerships.
- Organize, facilitate, and schedule advertising campaigns and partnerships for print and online publications, and report to clients afterward.
- Manage advertising insertion orders for online and print ads.
- Manage and audit distribution plan in order to maintain existing distribution partnerships and to broaden our distribution, both in Santa Fe and in other cities.
- Initiate and cultivate new relationships with sponsors, advertisers, and distributors.
- Assist the publisher in her client work, including invoicing, follow-ups, appointment setting, and up-sells.
- Attend relevant art and culture events as a representative of The Magazine.
- Help plan and execute The Magazine launch parties and events as needed.
- Maintain regular professional correspondence with publisher, writers, editors, distributors, and readers as needed.
- Help maintain The Magazine’s social media presence as needed.
- Well versed in media, ideally with two years experience in marketing or sales.
- Familiarity with online and print magazines, especially independent and culturally based publications.
- A passion for art and visual culture, including visual art, museums, galleries, theater, music, and food.
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to meticulously document, track, and organize sales and distribution strategies.
- Experience with spreadsheets, Google Suite applications, and CRM programs is preferred.
- An ethical approach to sales and marketing decisions.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships in person and remotely with individuals, community groups, cultural institutions, and businesses.
- A creative vision for The Magazine’s future.
- Ability to create promotional materials for potential advertisers, distributors, and collaborating sponsors; graphic design experience is helpful but not required.
- You must be willing to prospect, cold call, and network to set up appointments to capture, renew, and expand business opportunities.
- You must be well-organized, maintain meticulous records, be coachable, and able to take criticism.
- You will spend most days cold calling, emailing, following up, and setting and taking appointments.
The Magazine provides:
- 40 hours per week.
- Uncapped commissions.
- Salary based on experience.
- Paid training by the publisher.
- Potential for growth based on success.
Your application must include:
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- 3 professional references: including name, phone, email, and relationship.
- A short statement (500-600 words) about your vision for the publication and your role there.
- Submit complete application in a single email to email@example.com by November 26, 2018.
To learn more about our company to decide if this opportunity if a good fit for you, check out our website.