The Magazine seeks a Sales Representative and Distribution Manager in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The Magazine is a fast-growing, exciting art business serving the Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Taos, and greater New Mexico arts and culture markets.
As a part of the team at The Magazine, the leading contemporary art magazine of the region, you’ll be working at the heart of the New Mexico arts community, facilitating the important work of the publication and working one-on-one with the movers-and-shakers at local and regional business, institutions, and organizations.
Location: This position is in our Santa Fe project space, consisting of offices and our gallery and event space just minutes from the Plaza and Railyard.
- Build ongoing relationships with area institutions, businesses, and organizations to facilitate advertising, distribution pipelines, and partnerships.
- Work closely with the publisher to raise advertising revenues, short- and long-term.
- Manage and audit distribution strategy in order to maintain existing distribution partnerships and to broaden distribution, in Santa Fe and in other cities.
- Assist the publisher with her client work, including invoicing, follow-ups, appointment setting.
- Attend relevant art and culture events as a representative of The Magazine.
- Assist with The Magazine parties and events as needed.
- Time spent on sales: 85%.
- Time spent on distribution management: 15%.
- A passion for and interest in art and visual culture, including visual art, museums, galleries, theater, music, and food.
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to meticulously document, track, and organize sales and distribution strategies.
- Experience with spreadsheets, Google Suite applications, and CRM programs is preferred.
- An ethical approach to sales and marketing decisions.
- You will spend most days calling, emailing, following up with leads, and setting and taking appointments.
- Basic graphic design experience is helpful but not required.
The Magazine provides:
- Full-time employment.
- Salary + uncapped commissions.
- Expected annual pay $30,000 – 50,000. (This range consists of starting salary and commissions on sales.)
- Paid training by the publisher.
- Potential for significant growth based on success and determination.
Your application must include:
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- 3 professional references: including name, phone, email, and relationship.
- A short statement (500 words) about your vision for the publication and your role there.
- Submit complete application in a single email to email@example.com by December 31, 2018.
To learn more about our company to decide if this opportunity if a good fit for you, check out our website.